Friday, November 7, 2008

to feel

cool moist droplets burst onto my face
on a mission from the night sky
like a lover’s kiss raining down on me
as i become present within this space

breath rushes in and spirals out
refreshing tingle of frigid air
signals its presence on my cheeks
and this moment is mine without a doubt

i am flying and it feels so good to feel
earth pulls, tugs, commands me downward
consumed by wet grass and rough leaves
waves of sensation causing me to reel

heavenly raindrops mingle with warm tears
while passionate lament gives rise
to joyous ecstatic release and
the deluge continues as i contemplate these years

and suddenly i am filled with the awareness of love
not two extremes to balance out but
souls actively participating in life’s intensity
energy expanding, extending into the universe above